The STX 22 Air features a large piston diameter balanced by a large compression valve that ensures internal pressures are kept under control. This results in low hysteresis and excellent damping response, offering ride efficiency without tampering with downhill control.
Low and high speed compression and rebound damping are externally adjustable with an additional climb mode setting, a stability mode facilitating long climbs with maintained traction. The new rider tune air spring features a seal system optimized for low friction but also to give a smooth balancing of pressure between the air chambers. The result is initial suppleness supported by mid-stroke control and that extra bottom out resistance coming from air spring characteristics. It is also possible for the rider to tune the spring for a more progressive or a linear feel.
- Weight from 340 g
- Length 216 mm (8.50 inch)
- Stroke 63 mm (2.50 inch)
- Aluminium design, hard anodized
- Fully servicable and rebuildable
- 2 years limited warranty
- Spring rate (by air pressure)
- Spring characteristic (by spacers and oil)
- 3-click high speed compression damping
- 9-click low speed compression damping
- 6-click rebound damping
Purchased parts package:
- Shock absorber STX 22 Air Universal
- 2 bushings (article no. 18280-15)
- Owners manual
Delivery without parts for mounting. Mounting kits need to be ordered seperately. The STX 22 Air Universal MTB shock absorber is mounted with bushings at top and bottom.