Trail/Enduro or Downhill Brakesystem
Package includes all necessary parts, bleeding syringes, oil, spare seals, TX10, bleed puck, brake pads (2pairs of White Magic).
*** Rotors and brake adapters are NOT included and can be ordered seperately. ***
Refrigerators can be bought as single or pair for one or both calipers.
Brake Mount Fit Kit can also be bought as one pair or two pairs for one or both calipers.
- Highly evolved disc brake system
- 4 piston caliper with huge mass
- Radial piston brake lever with low mass
- Made out of 7075 aircraft aluminium
- “Painless Technology” with painless bleed, piston and fitting system
- Brake mount fit kit (BMFT) and Refrigerators available optionally
THE HOLY TRINITY OF HIGH BRAKE POWER, BEST MODULATION, HUGE CAPACITY AND PAINLESS BLEEDING
Please welcome Intend's latest member, the Intend Trinity brake system. It took around 5 years to get all thoughts about an ideal brake system together. Bleeding, hydraulic leverage, indestructable BMC piston seal design and many more things. 3 years of engineering, 1,5 years of testing, testing and testing.
The result is - in our eyes - the most advanced brake system ever made. All parts are made as cnc parts with highest precision and lowest tolerances, out of durable 7075 aluminum. We had several crashes with the pumps, no defects and failures. The main body of the BMC is made out of a special high strength aluminum which rather "bends" than cracks.
Worth to know:
- Although we have 4x 17mm piston, we achieve a constant pressure on the brake pads. Some companies are making bigger pistons in the front and smaller in the rear to equal the dynamic pressure from the rotation and friction of the rotor. Instead of the different piston sizes, you can also make the brake pads assymetric to the pistons, exactly like every company does it with 2 piston caliper brake pads. So we calculated the friction in the system in the average of the wear of the brake pad and adjusted the position of the brake pad in relation to the 17mm pistons. The result is a small shift of the pads to the back side, which leads to an constant pressure and wear of the pads.
- Intend Trinity uses Avid Code style brake pads, so you have a wide choice of compatible brake pads.
- We have a rear hose length of 200cm and a front hose length of 85cm. The front one fits to 99% of all bikes out there without the necessity of shortening it. So take the brake, mount it and it will be perfect. If you need a longer front or rear hose, please contact us. While we recommend to only use our brake hose, they are basically equivalent to the Shimano BH-90 standard. However Shimano uses 2x 6x0,9mm o-rings and we have 2x 6x1,2mm o-rings. So if you're using a Shimano hose for our brake, please use our o-rings for the banjo.
- We recommend using only the Plutoline 2,5 mineral oil. However if in need and you don't have the Plutoline, any regular brake mineral oil like the Shimano should work.
- Everything you need for riding and to get started is included. Brake pads, bleeding stuff, bolts, even a TX10 wrench.
- All necessary installation instructions can be found on the order sheet which is shipped with the brake system.
Trail / Enduro / Downhill
Max rotor thickness
lever reach. No stroke adjustment, it is as short as possible, shorter is not possible
Min. rotor size:
180mm. 160mm can be problematic with spokes
Enduro version: 244g
Downhill version: 257g
with 85cm hose, incl brake pads and pad bolt, excl mounting bolts
Front and rear brake, brake pads, bleed puck, 2 syringes, 50ml oil, 1 spare fitting, Torx 10 wrench, spare seals and bolts
Refrigerators, Brake mount fit kit