Gamux Suspension Principles
To keep the performance of your suspension at the highest possible level, regular maintenance is recommended.
With every single piston rod movement, the smooth surfaces in the chassis pick up microscopic particles of abrasion. These particles are drawn into the oil and, over time, foul the internal passages and valves. The higher the number of hours of use, the higher the degree of contamination in the oil, which will gradually deteriorate the performance of the landing gear.
- Gamux Suspension services all Öhlins MTB products
- If you are unsure whether your spring element will be processed, please send us an
E-mail before sending us your components.
- Suspension received which cannot be registered or serviced will be charged with an administration fee of CHF 59.-
- Suspension received which is sent in without a printed order confirmation will be charged with a fee of CHF 19.-
To have your suspension serviced at Gamux Suspension, simply follow these steps:
- Fill in the service request online, specify the necessary setups truthfully and send the request. Gamux will process your request within 24 hours (business day) and confirm with the appointment by mail.
- By booking a service appointment, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Gamux Suspension Terms & Conditions.
- After Gamux has confirmed the date, send us your suspension by mail or bring it.
- The product will be inspected by a technical staff member upon arrival, if there is any damage beyond normal service, we will contact you immediately and advise you of the additional cost.
- After the service has been performed and payment has been received, Gamux will return your chassis by mail.
The service order is limited to the replacement of seals, oil and gas. The replacement of other spare parts, such as bushings, mounting hardware, stickers etc., is not part of the service and must be explicitly stated when placing the order.
Should the product be delivered heavily soiled, so that cleaning is required to execute the order, we will undertake this cleaning and charge for it additionally (+ CHF 39.-).
Please send your suspension cleaned to the service. Dirty components will be cleaned by Gamux and the cleaning will be charged with CHF 39.-
- Suspension sent in without service notification will be charged with an administration fee of CHF 59.-
- Suspension sent in without printed service confirmation will be charged with an administration fee of CHF 19.-
- Shipping costs back to the customer
o Fork & Damper from CHF 11.90
o Shipping via DPD, alternative shipping on request
- The suspension must be sent to Gamux in a sufficiently padded box, otherwise Gamux will charge the additional costs for a new box in addition to the return shipping (box: + CHF 10.-)
- Gamux declines any liability for late delivery caused by the logistician
- Return shipment to the customer takes place only after receipt of payment
Delivery in person
- Suspension can be dropped off in person after booking a service slot through the website. Bring your suspension with printed service confirmation.
- The removal and installation of suspension fork and shock from the bike, will be charged to the customer. Bikes cannot be stored temporarily at Gamux.
- Upon collection, the customer confirms by means of a signed delivery bill that he has collected his suspension from Gamux Suspension. Subsequent complaints and/or claims are therefore excluded.
Rejection of bookings
- Gamux Suspension may refuse bookings/orders
- Reasons for refusal may be limited, but do not have to be
o Unpaid invoices
o Spare parts not available
o Proprietary and/or improvised modifications
o Grossly neglected and/or damaged chassis components
- All costs for service and upgrades can be found in the price list "Öhlins - Services".
- Service work and repairs
o Up to CHF 50 extra cost the service will be performed automatically
o If the additional costs exceed CHF 50, a cost estimate will automatically be provided.
If no repair/service by Gamux Suspension is desired after the cost estimate, a handling fee of CHF 59.- plus the working time already invested in the product will be charged.
- Prices can be adjusted without official communication
- Cost estimates are valid for 10 days from the date of issue
- The turnaround time will be communicated to you upon order confirmation, usually maintenance work is performed within one working week. In case of delay due to spare parts backlog and/or availability, Gamux will inform you immediately.
- Processing time does not include the time taken for shipping to Gamux and/or back to the customer.
- Express orders must be explicitly requested by email and specifically mentioned in the remarks. Express will only be executed if the necessary spare parts and labor capacities are available. An express order must be confirmed by Gamux as "Express", otherwise the usual conditions apply.
- The processing time is valid from punctual receipt and cannot be guaranteed.
- the cancellation, of an already booked service slot, an administration fee of CHF 49.- will be charged. (exclusive shipping)
- the cancellation, of an already booked service slot, where the articles have already arrived at Gamux, will be charged with an administration fee of CHF 89.- (exclusive shipping)
Terms of payment
The following payment options are available at Gamux. For an uncomplicated and goal-oriented order processing, Gamux exclusively offers online and mobile payment options. Payment deadline after receipt of invoice, but maximum 15 days. Goods will be returned to the customer only after receipt of payment.
- E-banking/online payment
- Credit card
Limitations & Exceptions
- Gamux grants only the maintenance of mountain bike products, no motorsport suspension
- Maintenance is performed only on Öhlins products
- For subsequent products, please contact Gamux in advance.
o STX 22 for RockShox Boxxer and Fox 40
o STX 22 for Specialized bikes before 2018
- We cannot guarantee maintenance on suspension, which was neglected.
o Generally recommended maintenance interval after 100 hours of use or once a year
o Certain spring elements require shorter maintenance intervals every 25 or 50 hours
- Maintenance and repairs have a limited availability from the manufacturer, models which are no longer manufactured often have no spare parts. Therefore, a preliminary clarification is recommended for older products with Gamux. Repairs are limited by the availability of parts from brand manufacturers. Parts are generally available on the market 3 years after market release. The limitation regarding the availability of parts applies after 3 years.
- Service warranty includes all possible defects that may occur during service work, excluding normal signs of use, falls or careless handling of the products and any other warranty
- Disassembly of suspension components by the customer voids any warranty.
- Warranty claims for components not purchased from Gamux will be invoiced with an administration fee of CHF 59.-
- Troubleshooting for unknown problems and/or warranty claims, will be charged at CHF 89 plus workshop units for the time invested, regardless of whether the error was found.
- Warranty claims on Öhlins products, which are known to the manufacturer Öhlins, will be repaired without additional costs.
- Parts and/or products replaced under warranty will be returned to the manufacturer.
- In the event of replacement of a spare part under warranty, additional service work will be charged at Gamux's normal rates.
Individual suspension components, suspension forks and shocks can be disposed of via Gamux in an environmentally friendly manner (suspension forks can be disposed of for CHF 89.- and all other components for CHF 49.- per unit)
Search for special components and/or upgrade kits, will be charged with CHF 30.- per 15 minutes of work, products not included and no guarantee of success.