Öhlins DH38 m.1
A number of exciting upgrades have been made to the race-winning DH38 platform; together they form the new iteration our downhill fork: the DH38 m.1. Capable of absorbing even the smallest of bumps as well as coping with the big drop-offs, making for a smoother, faster, more controlled run; whether they are fitted to your pedal-powered or e-MTB gravity rig.
KEY NEW FEATURES
- New lubrications and functional grease decrease the breakaway force and make the fork feel smoother.
- New low friction seal head design that also enables increased oil levels for better lubrication.
- The negative chamber can now be tuned to be bigger; delivering further improved comfort; or to add spacers for increased feedback and control.
- The DH38 m.1 utilises the pressurized piston design from the highly-rated RXF36 m.2 ensuring even more consistent damper performance.
- A new needle design increases the adjustability of low-speed compression and rebound damping.
- Improved durability and serviceability, both in terms of construction and having more parts and kits shared with the RXF36 m.2.
- A new ramp-up tube design increases durability and minimizes service downtime.
- Redesigned high-speed and low-speed compression damping adjusters for better click feeling.
- A cassette tool interface has been implemented on both damper and air spring for easier take-down servicing and lower risk of scratching during maintenance.
- A further refined one-way valve controlling the twin tube oil flow, another successful design element adopted from the RXF36 m.2.
The adjustment range specifically for gravity use; both race or park, has been increased to 15 clicks of low-speed compression and low-speed rebound damping and 5 clicks of high-speed compression damping. The twin-piston, three-chamber air spring system is isolated from the upper tubes to reduce head build-up and features easy air spring tuning with from the initial movement, through to full bottom out; possible via both the main and ramp up chambers.
As for all of our products, damping levels and friction are tested for each manufacturer individually. High performance and quality makes happy and fast riders.
Do you want to know what suspension that fits your bike? Use Öhlins Performance Suspension Guide, it will also recommend a personal set up.
When races are decided by thousandths of a second, you need the next level control. Whether you are racing between the tape or trying to hit that next gap on your favorite lap, with the Öhlins DH38 Race Fork you have the support and control to push further, faster and harder than before.
Öhlins TTX18 cartridge kit inside our DH38 Race Fork featuring downhill-optimized 18 mm piston for improved small bump sensitivity. Increased damping pressure bandwidth to achieve improvements in damping valve response and sensitivity. The adjustment range specifically for gravity use both race and park. 15 clicks of low speed compression and low speed rebound and 5 clicks of high-speed compression. Twin piston three chamber air spring system, isolated from the upper tubes to reduced heat build up and featuring Total Tune Spring Curve System (TTSC) allowing total air spring tuning from the initial movement through to the bottom out.
- Weight approx. 2900g
180 or 200 mm travel, possible to rebuild to 120-170 mm
Compatible maximum tire sizes 29 x 2.8 and 27.5 x 3.0.
Design for 200mm disc
110mm Boost DH hub standard
Floating axle for minimum friction
Cartridge based damper and air spring
Race proven setting bank
Spring rate and progression external via air pressure
5-click high speed compression damping
15-click low speed compression damping
15-click rebound damping
PURCHASED PARTS PACKAGE
DH38 Race Fork m.1
Axle DH Boost 20x110
Please note: Crowns for the DH38 Race Fork need to be ordered separately. Crowns are available with the following Offset:
Offset 46: part no. 19233-08
Offset 50: part no. 19233-12
Offset 54: part no. 19233-16
Offset 58: part no. 19233-20